The skin is that feature of the body that defines beauty. When you have flawless skin, you tend to look younger than you are, but when damaged, it loses its tone, texture, and laxity, making you look old and tired.
Safe & effective
deep skin resurfacing
There are several factors that cause skin damage, such as excessive exposure to pollution and the sun, as well as the use of abrasive products and harmful cosmetics, medications, and genetics, among others. If your skin displays harm, call us and book an appointment at Chesapeake Laser and Skin Care Center. We offer several skin treatments, including Contour TRL.
What is Contour TRL?
Contour Tunable Resurfacing Laser is an Erbium Yag laser designed to rejuvenate and resurface the skin by tactfully removing a variable depth of damaged and aging layers. Contour TRL is a treatment that efficiently reduces or eliminates problematic lines, wrinkles, as well as pigment irregularities.
The method stimulates the growth of collagen and improves the skin’s thickness and elasticity. It generates healthy cells and gives an enhanced complexion to the skin, making it look more youthful and rejuvenated.
What are the benefits
of Contour TRL?
The results of the Contour TRL procedure differ from one person to another based on the depth of the individual’s skin condition. The treatment offers several benefits that include the following:
- It addresses hard-to-treat wrinkles and lines around the eyes and mouth.
- It improves skin texture and tone.
- The process stimulates collagen production, which helps to rejuvenate the skin.
- It tightens the skin around the eyes.
- The treatment reduces the appearance of sunspots, acne scars, and actinic keratosis.
Contour TRL can be used on all skin types as well as in every part of the body. Its TRL technology can remove wrinkles externally and, at the same time, stimulate the dermal collagen matrix. Collagen makes the skin firm and adds dermal resilience.
Contour TRL has the unique ability to be tuned for varying tissue effects. This helps it address the most comprehensive array of possible treatments:
- Mild to deep wrinkles and lines
- Post-traumatic and surgical scars, acne scars, and others
- Pigmentation lesions
- Actinic keratosis
- Skin laxity in all areas, including the upper and lower eyelids
- Poor skin tone and poor texture
- Persistent peri-oral and peri-orbital deep rhytides
How to prepare for your Contour TRL treatment
There are several dos and don’ts of the Contour TRL treatment. Your healthcare provider will ask you to follow certain precautionary measures to prepare for the procedure. These include the following:
- The consumption of tobacco and alcohol not only delays the healing process but increases skin redness and may lead to other skin complications. It would be best if you refrained from indulging in drinks and cigarettes two weeks prior to and two weeks after the Contour TRL treatment.
- Infections are uncommon with Contour TRL, but since the skin is the first barrier to germs, your healthcare provider will prescribe antibiotics to be taken a day before the appointment. You must take them as recommended and for the number of days advised.
- You must avoid blood-thinning medications and supplements such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and fish oil at least two weeks prior to the procedure to prevent any possible bruising and bleeding.
- The Nurse Practitioner will also prescribe an antiviral that you must begin taking a day before the procedure to avoid the occurrence of cold sores.
- You will be asked to avoid the use of retinol at least 25 hours before the procedure.
- An antianxiety medicine is given only if needed.
Depending on the extent of your skin damage and the size of the area treated, your healthcare provider will ask you to carefully schedule and plan future activities. For more information on Contour TRL, call and book an appointment at Chesapeakeaser and Skin Care Center.