The skin is that feature of the body that defines beauty. When you have flawless skin, you tend to look younger than you are, but when damaged, it loses its tone, texture, and laxity, making you look old and tired.
Safe & effective
deep skin resurfacing
There are several factors that cause skin damage, such as excessive exposure to pollution and the sun, as well as the use of abrasive products and harmful cosmetics, medications, and genetics, among others. If your skin displays harm, call us and book an appointment at Chesapeake Laser and Skin Care Center. We offer several skin treatments, including Contour TRL.
What is Contour TRL?
Contour Tunable Resurfacing Laser is an Erbium Yag laser designed to rejuvenate and resurface the skin by tactfully removing a variable depth of damaged and aging layers. Contour TRL is a treatment that efficiently reduces or eliminates problematic lines, wrinkles, as well as pigment irregularities.
The method stimulates the growth of collagen and improves the skin’s thickness and elasticity. It generates healthy cells and gives an enhanced complexion to the skin, making it look more youthful and rejuvenated.
The NanoLaserPeel is a non-surgical treatment that removes the outermost layer of the epidermis (less than 10um). This treatment can return the skin’s natural glow and rejuvenate the skin, making it smoother and more lustrous. This procedure has a minimal downtime, and patients can return to their normal activities in about 48 hours.
In a traditional chemical peel, recovery and healing relies mostly on factors such as exposure and consistency of the chemical solution being worked with. During a NanoLaserPeel, the technology used allows for independent and exact tuning for depth and coagulation, in turn this allows your provider to set the results and downtime desired. Smoother and brighter skin, precisely treated and with minimal downtime, is what we offer with our NanoLaserPeel. Schedule your consultation today.
Our MicroLaserPeel treatment addresses the effects of premature aging caused by repeated or overexposure to the sun. Overexposure to ultraviolet radiation can lead to sun damage, brown spots, wrinkles, fine lines and pigmentation. The MicroLaserPeel works to strip away mild to deep wrinkles, in a short amount of time. The laser is able to cover large areas at a time and with minimal downtime, patients will soon be able to resume wearing makeup within 2-4 days.
The procedure is quick and patients report the treatment session to be virtually free from pain. Your provider is able to adjust the depth of treatment depending on the severity of the case. This treatment resurfaces and rejuvenates the skin leading to improved elasticity, and the treatment of wrinkles, scars, pigmentation problems, and damage from the sun.
What to expect from your
Contour TRL treatment?
A Contour TRL treatment at Chesapeake Laser and Skin Care Center starts with a consultation with our expert healthcare providers, who will review your past medical records, any medical conditions (at present), and your family medical history. A physical examination will also be conducted to check the depth of skin damage.
Your medical review will help us understand if there are any underlying causes for your skin ailments. After the physical examination, a treatment plan is created, which includes selecting the area to be treated and the number of appointments needed.
The procedure starts by cleaning with an antiseptic the area to be treated. You will receive an eye shield to protect your eyes. Depending on the depth of the damage and size of the area being treated, the practitioner will administer a subcutaneous or topical anesthetic.
Your healthcare provider will hold the Contour TRL handpiece over the area and allow the computer-guided scanner to move the laser beam across the section being treated. Usually, the entire session takes about 15 to 30 minutes. Once the procedure is over, your provider will take you through the post-procedure care instructions.
What are the benefits
of Contour TRL?
The results of the Contour TRL procedure differ from one person to another based on the depth of the individual’s skin condition. The treatment offers several benefits that include the following:
- It addresses hard-to-treat wrinkles and lines around the eyes and mouth.
- It improves skin texture and tone.
- The process stimulates collagen production, which helps to rejuvenate the skin.
- It tightens the skin around the eyes.
- The treatment reduces the appearance of sunspots, acne scars, and actinic keratosis.
Contour TRL can be used on all skin types as well as in every part of the body. Its TRL technology can remove wrinkles externally and, at the same time, stimulate the dermal collagen matrix. Collagen makes the skin firm and adds dermal resilience.
Contour TRL has the unique ability to be tuned for varying tissue effects. This helps it address the most comprehensive array of possible treatments:
- Mild to deep wrinkles and lines
- Post-traumatic and surgical scars, acne scars, and others
- Pigmentation lesions
- Actinic keratosis
- Skin laxity in all areas, including the upper and lower eyelids
- Poor skin tone and poor texture
- Persistent peri-oral and peri-orbital deep rhytides
How to prepare for your Contour TRL treatment
There are several dos and don’ts of the Contour TRL treatment. Your healthcare provider will ask you to follow certain precautionary measures to prepare for the procedure. These include the following:
- The consumption of tobacco and alcohol not only delays the healing process but increases skin redness and may lead to other skin complications. It would be best if you refrained from indulging in drinks and cigarettes two weeks prior to and two weeks after the Contour TRL treatment.
- Infections are uncommon with Contour TRL, but since the skin is the first barrier to germs, your healthcare provider will prescribe antibiotics to be taken a day before the appointment. You must take them as recommended and for the number of days advised.
- You must avoid blood-thinning medications and supplements such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and fish oil at least two weeks prior to the procedure to prevent any possible bruising and bleeding.
- The Nurse Practitioner will also prescribe an antiviral that you must begin taking a day before the procedure to avoid the occurrence of cold sores.
- You will be asked to avoid the use of retinol at least 24 hours before the procedure.
- An antianxiety medicine is given only if needed.
Depending on the extent of your skin damage and the size of the area treated, your healthcare provider will ask you to carefully schedule and plan future activities. For more information on Contour TRL, call and book an appointment at Chesapeakeaser and Skin Care Center.